Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

FashionFixx in NYC

I know it's been a while since I've written an actual blog post, but I've been extra busy lately. My busy high school schedule is about to begin again, so I'm getting into the swing of things beginning with marching band. So tiring. But I can guarantee that it will not pull me away from blogging on a normal basis, although, it may get a little difficult to keep up at times.

A few weeks ago, I wrote a blog about Virtual FashionCampNYC. I loved the concept and wished other programs would do the same. A couple of days later, I found an email in my inbox from the producer of the program inviting me to "attend" the camp. I've always wanted to visit New York City, but that has yet to happen. So this is the closest I'll be getting to New York for a while.

Anyway, I'm extra excited because yesterday, I received my Virtual FashionCampNYC login information in the mail. Until the session begins on Monday, I can still stay occupied by watching lectures from previous camp sessions. It's amazing. Already, I've watched speeches from employees of large companies such as Coach, Juicy Couture, Elle Magazine, and many more! Even though I'm not there in person, I'm still getting an invaluable experience being able to listen to these speakers. So far, I can say I've learned about things I've never even given thought to when it comes to the fashion industry!

When receiving my login information from the producer of the camp, I was given a schedule for the Monday speakers starting at 9:30 AM. I nearly freaked out. How could I tune in for the live broadcast when I'd be at band camp all day?! But that's the great thing about Virtual FashionCampNYC. The videos are available 24/7 for the entire week. It's like OnDemand service for the week from your computer. So after I come home from an exhausting day, I'll be able to relax and watch the lectures. PERFECT. I can tell that this experience will be a rather enjoyable one. Although I'm a little bummed I won't be able to participate in the chat during the broadcasts. But it's all great!

For those of you not attending FashionCampNYC, all I have to say is that you're missing out on a ton of amazing resources! But not to worry. Because throughout my "visit" to New York City, I'll update you through blog and vlog posts from YouTube.

Stay Fashion-Forward

Jae

No comments:

Post a Comment