Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

FashionCampNYC: Day One/Two

Thanks to FashionCampNYC going virtual this summer for their advanced session I've been able to attend both the required band camp here at home and fashion camp all in one week! I'm glad to be able to attend. The past few days have been exhausting with band, but I've been able to come home to OnDemand lectures from fashion industry professionals straight from New York City.

In the first two days, I have heard from other fashion bloggers, independent designers, and professionals from the big brands, speak about their experiences. It's been a blast! And not to mention that I'm working on my fashion brand project that the New York campers are completing this week! But the best part, is that I can send my project in to present just like the other fashionistas and fashionistos attending; it's just like I'm there with them. 

Even though I'm a virtual camper, I have gotten to experience the full blown thing. I logged on the first day with a virtual welcome just as the others received. It makes me want to be in the heart of the big city as well. 

So far, I've learned a lot about the behind-the-scenes of the industry. One part of FashionCampNYC that I thoroughly enjoy is hearing the backgrounds of the speakers. It's fun to hear about where they came from and how they got to where they are now! Some I can even relate to; it's a reassuring feeling.

Jae


No comments:

Post a Comment