Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Top 10 Fall Trends of 2010

1. Detailed Shoulders -- Tops with embellished shoulders add to plain solid-colored top. Be bold! Bubble Petal Sleeve Top from Forever 21 ($19.80)

2. Blazers -- It's fall once again, and the blazers are back! Looking preppy for school is definitely in. Boyfriend blazers are great to add to a casual hangout outfit or dressy dinner date ensemble. Ponte Knit Blazer from Forever 21 ($24.80)

3. Military Glam -- Mixing hardcore military jackets/vests with glamorous badges, patches, and pins is definitely in. It's a fabulous way to get the military look but still look like a Fashionista. Military Chic Vest by Twelve by Twelve of Forever 21 ($26.00)

4. Tall Boots (Over-The-Knee and Thigh High) -- Especially in black, these boots are sexy and sleek. Cole Haan 'Air Talia" Over the Knee Suede Stretch Boots from Nordstrom (Anniversary Sale: $299.90 After AS: $498.00)

5. Oversized Sweaters -- As the nights become colder during football season, you'll want something to keep you warm! Sometimes that huge letterman jacket is just too much. Sweaters are lightweight and like a portable and wearable blanket. Love by Design Dolman Sleeve Sweater from Nordstrom BP. (Anniversary Sale: $28.90 After AS: $44.00)

6. Boyfriend Watches -- Yes, they may look masculine, but they are oh so cute with the perfect fall outfit. You won't have any problem keeping up with the time! Titanium Boyfriend Watch from Nordstrom BP. (Anniversary Sale: $11.90 After AS: $18.00)

7. Banded Skirts -- This fall, we're moving away from the flowing skirts. Banded skirts are also amazing with voluminous tops. Lily White Printed Banded Skirt from Nordstrom BP. (Anniversary Sale: $17.90 After AS: $28.00)

8. Swingy Open-Front Cardigans -- With the extra volume around the neck and front of the sweaters/cardigans/vests, you won't have to worry about finding that scarf you misplaced. It's like a scarf built-in! Lush Dolman Sleeve Open Front Cardigan from Nordstrom BP. (Anniversary Sale: $24.90 After AS: $38.00)

 

9. Fedoras -- I wasn't too fond of fedoras a while back ago, but this season, I've found them to be quite the accessory. A fedora can help a simple outfit go a long way. Juicy Couture at Nordstrom ($68.00).

10. Crossbody Bags -- I hate going out and worrying about setting my purse down and losing it. When shopping, a purse is a girl's closest companion. It has your back whenever you need cash to buy that new item you've been dying to get in your wardrobe to when you're having a bad day on the girly side. My biggest thing with crossbody bags was that they were always small, but now they can be as big as your regular handbag! The purse below has the option of being your regular shoulder bag or a crossbody. Amici Crossbody Satchel from Nordstrom BP. (Anniversary Sale: $20.90 After AS: $32.00)

Working at one of the major malls in my city, I can't help but to notice the new fall fashions that came in the other day. Even more, I can't help but to buy some for myself! So today I figured I'd spread the word about what the trends are for fall 2010. Also, the majority of my examples have come from the arrivals for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. The prices are amazing and on August 2nd, the prices will go up to regular price -- I suggest everyone take advantage of this sale! Yesterday, after my shift, I snagged a few items for myself (from trends 6 and 10) and I love them! No doubt that I'll be going back for more this month!

-- Jae

No comments:

Post a Comment