Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Vince Camuto at NorthPark: Part 1/2

When I first heard that Vince Camuto would be at NorthPark today to promote his 2010 Fall shoe collection at Dillard's, I was ecstatic. The event was going to be hosted by The Fashionistas -- finally I'd be around women, and men, as passionate about fashion as I am. Luckily, my work schedule was clear for the day -- all I had to do was pick out a cute outfit and fix my hair. I wound up choosing a dressy silk, off-white She Said tank with my dark denim Forever XXI skinny jeans and a sexy pair of Elle pumps (with a trusty pair of black flats in my Juicy Daydreamer of course!) The last thing I grabbed before leaving the house was my copy of The Teen Vogue Handbook -- the stories of professionals in the fashion industry that have served as my inspiration as I prepare for my career in fashion and I wanted him to be the first of many to sign the blank pages in the back. There had to be a reason for those, right?
When I arrived at Dillard's, the shoe department was flooded with women scoping out the new collection of Vince Camuto. It seemed to be turning out a success. "So how many Vince Camuto's are you going to buy today?" a saleswoman joked as she approached me. My response was, "Oh, none today...but they're definitely on my back-to-school list!" I tried to refrain from buying anymore additions to my wardrobe. I debated with my shopaholic conscious the day prior whether I would just come in to see what all the hype was about or whether I would actually buy shoes. Once again, my shopaholic conscious had taken the victory. 
Now I can say that I truly understand what women see in Vince Camuto's line of shoes -- they are NOT ordinary. They have the look and comfort of an expensive shoe, but have the price sticker that will more than please your pocketbook. They range in price from about $80-120 (not on sale). Thank you, Mr. Camuto! The second I stepped out of my heels and into the "Richie" flats, I felt like I was walking on a pillow made especially for my feet! Unlike most flats where there isn't much cushion between your foot and the floor, these are comfortably padded. And the leather is already buttery soft, so you don't have to worry about your poor feet going through too much pain in order to break them in. The gems on them bring out the fall colors as well! Ever since I got home, I haven't been able to stop wearing and admiring them -- they're beautiful and perfect for the upcoming season.  At Dillard's the flats I bought (below) were on sale for $47.99! I bought the last pair in my size, so I'm guessing the shoe has been pretty popular amongst size 8's.
I applaud Vince Camuto because he really knows what a woman desires in a shoe -- it's very evident in his designs. Without a doubt, I'll be returning for more. 
Forever Fixated,
Jae
Founder of FashionFixx

No comments:

Post a Comment