Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

TJ Maxx and Ross and Marshalls...OH MY!

At a young age, I can say that I hated shopping. I especially dreaded going into discount stores because all the ones I had ever been too seemed to hold a consistent reputation for being "junky" -- it was torture. But the more and more I grew deeper in love with fashion, shopping in discount stores became greater of a hobby to me. I am now proud to say that I am an avid discount shopper. People often make the assumption that I'm "rich". I won't lie, I am blessed (and spoiled...although I despise that term), but my biggest secret is discount. Seldom do I purchase full price from department stores without scaling the clearance, reduced, or sale racks first. I hear amongst my friends all the time that stores like TJ Maxx, Ross, and Marshalls are junky and they can't stand to shop in them. Each time I hear this, I want to get on my soap box and tell them about all the amazing items they can find for much less than the department/boutique price. Another thing I've heard is that these discount stores only have brands that no one wants in their wardrobe -- WRONG! I can't even begin to tell you the things I've seen and have bought in these stores! I've found dozens of Juicy Couture purses, shoes, tracksuits, and accessories. Recently, I was even shocked to find Prada and Gucci shoes in a TJ Maxx and Marshall's. The thing is, you never know what you're going to find and, to me, it feels like Christmas when I spot a fabulous find. Yes, there are a lot of clothes to look through and they're on the racks with like pieces, but it's really worth plowing through!  But I can understand  where some don't have the patience. I've gotten designer purses for more than 50% of the original price -- it's heaven. I'd have to say that my most fabulous and memorable find was a Juicy Couture Daydreamer (very similar to the one below) which usually runs from $198 - 225, for only $60. This type of price can pull any Fashionista in!

 

Fashionista Tip: While it's nice to fly to your vacation destination, try driving. You'll run into loads of these discount stores on the way. Discount stores in different areas have a demand for different items, so that Michael Kors bag you like in one area may be much less in another...and you'll return with more souvenirs! ;)

I'll be updating you soon on my fabulous finds from my three best friends -- TJ Maxx, Ross, and Marshalls -- soon, but until then, I encourage you to visit your local stores.

-- Jae

No comments:

Post a Comment